Reflections
A lot of people have told me that their nine grade year was the most fun year that they ever had. I too have had fun this year. It seems like ninth grade has gone by so fast. I remember the first day of school, playing a get-to-know-you game in choir. To think that I now know everybody but will probably not ever see them again…….
The bummer thing about ninth grade is that you have to leave all your friends. Half of your friends go to one school, the other half leaves to the other school. I have really had a great time knowing everybody and making new friends as the years have progressed in junior high. I wonder how high school will be. It is kind of scary to think that I will be going to a new school where I won’t know everybody. But this can also be a good thing because if there is something you don’t like about yourself, you can change and no one will know how you were before. I remember thinking in seventh grade how many changes I would make, but in reality, I am mostly the same.
Junior High has been loads of fun, but I am ready to move on....
I have loved seeing how people write in Honor’s English. It kind of shows you a different side of people. What they think about, how they are on the inside. Honor’s English has been fun, though I had never realized it until now. It feels good to be a part of something, even if it is an extra English class. I am doing Honor’s English next year as well.
One of my favorite things I have done this year is being in two music classes. Symphonic Band and Choir have been a blast. It was so much fun to (guiltily) miss school for choir and band. We got to do a lot of stuff. For instance, we had festivals and solo and ensembles in both choir and band. It stressed me out a bit and I did get a migraine but it was kind of cool to get to do those things. I got judged for music stuff so much! This year I was judged eight times! That is enough to give anybody a migraine!
I have had a ton of fun in ninth grade. I also met a lot of people I never knew before. I met one of my most favorite friends this year. I hope that we can keep our friendship going as we go to different schools.
I think I have changed this year because I have had to do a lot of new things. I had a lot of opportunities to be a leader. I also had some really great times, but some really upsetting times. I learned to take responsibility for my actions also. There were a few times I really kicked myself for not doing everything I could’ve. I am still learning this as I am behind on band practice time, but I now see how important it is not to procrastinate. I have enjoyed knowing everybody in Honor’s English class. Thank you Mr. T. for taking the time to help us with this class online. At least I got to have you as an online class instructor!
2 Comments:
I miss you all! Come visit me!!! (Last year was awesome!)
You should still post! You're such an awesome writer!
Post a Comment
<< Home