Labrigold

This blog is for Honors English.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Moving On....

With the new school year, it seems like everything changes. New friends, new school, new classes, everything! How do I react to this? It doesn’t really even seem to bother me.

I am excited to finally move on and start over. I like how I feel like my self-image can change depending on what I decide to do. I hate feeling like I can’t do this or that because I don’t want to do something to unexpected or someone might die. I just start this thing….I’ll do it next year.

I remember having this feeling when I first started junior high. I was all like, “Okay, I am starting over; I am going to act like this or that.” The same thing applies to New Years Eve. I think of how I will change and what I am going to do different. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. But, with this next year, I will make what I want to happen, happen. I am going to be who I want to be. It scares me a little bit about how different things will be or how the people will be, but I guess it doesn’t really matter. All that matters is that I am who I want to be.

Like I said on my discussion board, the only thing that seems the least bit scary is that I won’t have enough time to get to all my classes without being tardy. My will be new school seems so big! How will someone as little as I am able to fit in and do stuff? That is the big question. I don’t really know. I just know it will happen. I remember thinking in the seventh grade that I was going to be squished like a bug. Well, I haven’t been squished yet so I am off to a good start. I just hope my legs will grow a little so I can get to my classes fast enough!

One of my siblings has told me people are a lot nicer in ‘my to be school’ than they are in junior high. I really hope she is right. I don’t want to have to deal with people who are always throwing mean comments at others to boost their self esteem. I don’t get why people have to be so rude. Do they not have feelings? I really don’t understand how they think that hurting someone else will raise them higher on the pedestal of life. I am just looking for nice people who would like more friends.

I’m holding my breath that I will have fun my next few years of school. I hope I don’t end up as a social outcast! But if I was, it would be because I chose to be. I don’t really mind working alone. I’m not really a social butterfly in the first place, so I don’t have much to lose. I love having friends and hanging out, but I don’t always have to have a mob surrounding me to make me feel comfortable. On the contrary, it makes me feel claustrophobic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home