Labrigold

This blog is for Honors English.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Time is Running Out!!!

There is a book I'm reading called "Life Planning". In this book it has a whole section on time. In summary, it basically says that we should be using out time wisely. We need to learn as much as we can in the time that we have. We should also learn how set our priorites. We need to find out what is most important to us so that we can get the most important stuff done. If we don't prioritize, we will end up with all this wasted time. We won't have gotten the things done that are most important.

I heard somebody say that we can name all the stuff we did, but it still won't add up to the time of our day. There is so much time wasted that we don't even know what happened to it. I think this is very true. I can name on my hands all the stuff I've done in my day, but I still can't figure out where all that time went.

Sometimes I feel like my life is on fast forward. I don't know where all the time is going. The weeks are slipping by so fast! It seems like just yesterday that we started school. Now the school year is nearly over. I just don't know where all those days, weeks, and months went. It seems as if Sunday was yesterday, not tomorrow.

It seems to me that I sometimes get so caught up in the future that I forget to enjoy what I'm doing at this point in time. It is so funny to think about what you are going to be doing, who you are going to be, who you will be married to; in ten years.

Would you rather live forever of when this life is over, suddenly be gone? I feel so weird when I start thinking about living forever. I know we would be learning, but what would be do when we had learned everything. It seems like it would get boring, living forever. But would it? What would you do when you had experienced everything, when you had done everything there is to be done. When I told my parents this, they said that it would take a long time to learning everything so I shouldn't worry about that. But what happens when you do learn everything?

But there is so much that I still want to learn. I want to learn how to do ballet. I also want to learn how to play every instrument ever. I want to know everything. I love learning and just itch for when I can choose a career where I can learn everything I want to about a specific thing. I love to learn.

My piano teacher has her students read this one paper that is all about self-esteem. It has sentences like, 'I love to learn. I am honest and truthful. I am liked. I am excepted.' I think it is really good because if you do think about it, you will become as it says. But the part about it that I was thinking about was 'I love to learn'.

On all the time that we have, we should learn to learn all that we can. We live in a world where we do have to know alot. We can't just know one thing, we have to know a lot of stuff so that we will be able to do many things that will help us. I was at a meeting where somebody told the people there that our education will be the thing that opens up opportunities in life. We need as much knowledge as we can get our hand on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home