Labrigold

This blog is for Honors English.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Light

As I get older, I notice more how things make me feel. This brings me to the point of light. Everything is conneted with light. Either stuff adds light to you, or takes it away. This is why I think it is really important that people are careful of what kind of music and t.v. they expose themselves to.

I always wonder how some people can cower in the shadows where there is no light. I can not live with out light. I get really depressed and grouchy. Maybe that is why people can do it. They stay in the dark and always feel that way, so eventually, they forget what it is like to actually be happy and full of light. I even hate to wear dark clothing. It makes me feel dark. I feel like I am sending a message to others of who I am that is incorrect.

In science we talked about this type of depression people get. It is a depression people get when they are in the dark all the time. The above named depression happens to people at the poles who don't get sunlight at certain times of the years.

I find it so funny how people get depressed. I don't see why they can't just choose to be happy. I really don't understand how come they can't just choose to feel happy.

There is a story I heard about this girl named Christina. Another girl named Rachael was always very grumpy but saw how happy Christina was. She wanted to be just as happy so she asked how Christina was so happy. Christina told her that she used to be very miserable, but one day she decided to be happy. So, for a very long time, she had to work on being happy. She would smile in the morning and pretend she was happy. Eventually, she really was happy. She didn't have to pretend anymore because she had finally found her happiness.323

Back to light, I think that people tend to stick to people that do have light. They feel more comfortable because they know they won't be asked to do stuff they know is wrong. I know that I feel more comfortable around my friends that won't ever put me in an uncomfortable position. I think that making your friends feel comfortable is one of the key things in a good friendship.

Here is one of my favorite quotes:

"A day without sunshine is like.......night."
-Steve Martin

I have a poster in my room titled "Light Reading". It is shows a girl reading a great uplifting book. We shouldn't waste our time on things that will never help us. I keep having these thoughts and experiences that lead me to be thinking that I need to use my time more wisely. I find it hard to do so. It seems as if life is slipping by so fast. I am trying to prioritize so that the important things in life will be sure to get done. I really waste to much time on things that don't matter. (I was reminded this by Mr. T. discussion question on what we do during our time.)

We should all try to bring as much light into our lives as possible. Doing so would help us be happier and influence others to be happier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home