My expansion on evaluation
I would first like to say all the bad things about evaluation:
When other people evaluate you, it may not be a good thing. It may just get you really mad at whoever is talking to you. If somebody tells you that you look bad, you are just going to get really mad. If you somebody tells you that you aren't good at something when they aren't a proffesional and don't know anymore than you, you are also going to get mad. There are some things in life that just don't need to be said or evaluated upon. If they do happen to evaluate upon something that the object of evaluation doesn't really need to hear, they don't have to say it.
ANOTHER bad thing about evaluation: Sometimes when you evaluate others and tell them what you noticed, they get offended or take it the wrong way. This can all lead to a huge mess where either person could end up hating each other. This leads me to say that we sometimes have to be really careful of what we say and how we say it. If you really need to tell someone something bad, try to do it in a tactful way. Nobody wants to be told their haircut is ugly, so instead of saying that, say you have a great hairdresser you would like them to meet. There is a tactful way to everything.
My last idea on bad evaluation situations: The last bad evaluation situation I want to talk about concerns YOU. Sometimes when we evaluate ourselves we are not pleased with our performance or work. Then we sometimes start feeling depressed or frustrated, so we quit what we are doing. This is not how we should take evaluation from ourselves. We sometimes forget that with alittle more effort, we can change and work on what are not pleased with. If we evaluate ourselves and find that we aren't patient enough, that shouldn't get us down. We can still work on that quality until we are satisfied.
So, on that note, I will talk about the GOOD things about evaluation.
Evaluation can be really great. If someone is running in the olympics, they should evaluate themselves and have their coaches evaluate them so that they might become better. The same thing can be applied in school. If a teacher hands back an essay with lots of pointers and compliments, it will help the student improve their writing skills.
I think evaluation is also important because if can be a real self-esteem booster. If people are always telling you what you do wrong, you won't feel happy. But if people give compliments to those they evaluate, the evaluated will feel happier and have an urge to try better in all they do.
Sometimes it spooks me to think that I am always being evaluated. This is a very true statement. We are always being watched and evaluated. In a way, it makes us try harder to be better because we know we are always being watched. But, if we do remember we are always being evaluated we WIll try to be better, and if this is the case, we will become better.
I feel like my blog is unfinished but I don't know what elso to say. Please add your thoughts so that I might feel like I have completed my homework.
1 Comments:
It's good that you said both the positives and the negatives of evaluation. And wow, that's a lot say.
Post a Comment
<< Home