Is it a fruit or veggie?
Many people in our society are troubled with one, world-wide question. Is it a fruit or a veggie? Today, I will try to solve this world issue and restore people to planet Earth.
Our first subject, a tomato. People are always arguing over this and that, but this is the biggest mind-boggler we have. Some argue that it is a fruit. Others argue that it is a veggie. So, what is it?
To answer this question, we must first discuss what makes a veggie a veggie, and what makes a fruit a fruit.
Personal Interview: "What makes fruit a fruit?", I asked my little sister. "It is sweet and it has skin.", she replied. 119
Very interesting.......Let's ask someone else. "What makes a fruit a fruit?", Miss Labrigold, top news reporter, asked her wise mother. "Well, it has seeds."
"Please expand on that mother."
"They can have pits. Sometimes they have cores."
Wow! Top-notch answers weren't they? I shall have to take this into my own hands. I think that a fruit has seeds, a pit, or a core somewhere on it. They could be on it or in it. Second, a fruit has to grow above the ground. If it grows under, it is automatically a vegetable. I don't think that taste has anything to do with the categorizing of the food.
Now for vegetables. Vegetables don't generally have seeds, but on occasion, they do. For instance, a cucumber has seeds but it is still a vegetable. Vegetables usually grow under ground. But, they can grow above the ground.
The vegetable category is really jumbled up, which is why we have a hard time categorizing food. I think that they should have better set rules for vegetables. I had never realized how absurd the vegetable category is until I tried to say what its characteristics are.311
Next, to determine the tomatoes category, we will have to look at all of the characteristics and attributes that a tomato obtains.
1. A tomato is red.
2. A tomato has seeds.
3. A tomato grows on a vine.
4. A tomato has juice.
5. A tomato grows in the summer.
6. A tomato grows above the ground
7. A tomato is served on a vegetable platter.
I have never before said this, but I think that a tomato is actually a vegetable! I have always said that it is a fruit, but know I disagree with myself.400
Now I will explain myself. THE TOMATO IS A VEGETABLE BECAUSE IT IS SERVED ON A VEGETABLE PLATTER!!!!!!!!
No, really! All of it's characterists fit into the vegetable category. A vegetable can have seeds, they can be red, they can grow on a vine, they can have juice, they can grow in the summer, they can grow above the ground, and most of all, vegetables are served on a vegetable platter!71
MY TOMATO PEOM
I once was a lost, homeless guy,
I was served with a burger and fry.
But now I know with all my skin,
What category I am in!
A veggie, a veggie!
It has a beautiful ring,
I just want to sing!
I know my name!
So I came!
To tell the news,
I don't got the blues!
I'm a veggie, a veggie!
Copyright 2007 of LABRIGOLD.
2 Comments:
I've always thought that it was a vegetable, it just seems right! Ha ha, your interview was amazing! Same with your poem!
Ha ha! LOL that made me laugh! I've always thought it was a veggie too!!! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home