Ice Age
What if the world had a sudden Ice Age? Would humans be able to survive? If the world had an Ice Age, would there also be a melt down after it? If so, would the Earth then flood?
If this happened, what would it be like? Well, I wrote a few Journal Entries of what it might be like.
DURING ICE AGE
Journal Entry: November 18, 3019
Dear Journal,
Today when me and Celestine went out to check the thermometer, it was -78 degrees Farenheit. This broke the record! I mean, sure, it has been cold lately, but never this cold. We can hardly go outside anymore. We have to wear our coats inside also.
Usually we can go outside and play in the snow but, not this year. There is no snow. It has all become ice. Rock-solid ice. I still don't know what my favorite season is. All I know is that it isn't winter! I can't wait for spring.
Janelle Kaboliski
Journal Entry: September 22, 4546
When me and Tamisha were exploring some of the ice caves, we found something frozen in the ice! We had Dad go and look at it. He says it is a tree. He told us that he read about it in one of his books.
Wow! Imagine that! Me and Tamisha found a tree! No one has seen a tree for hundreds of years! It seems so unrealistic that the world didn't have ice everywhere. You know, back then.
Tomorrow I am going to go exploring again!
Karine Tokell
DURING MELTDOWN
Journal Entry: July 5, 5013
Dear Journal,
The sun has been shining so much lately. It is getting SO hot. We don't even have to wear coats or gloves. I have never taken my coat off outside until now. The temperature is going up so fast. The ice is even starting to melt! What would we do if the ice were gone? That would be sooo weird!
There is a hole in the ground that has filled up with the melted ice. All the kids have been trying to figure out how to float in the water. In school I was reading about Earth before the Ice Age. It was so different. They did somethings called swimming. I wonder how I will figure out what that is.
My mom is trying to make me some clothes that won't be so hot. Hopefully I will be able to wear them in the water!
Adam Stoppe
Well, this is what I think it might be like. People wouldn't know what things of the past are because they have never had to think about or use them. They wouldn't exactly know what a tree was because they had never seen one. They wouldn't know what swimming was because they wouldn't have ever done it before. What do you think it would be like?
1 Comments:
That would be bizarre! And as a lot of things are, out with the old and in with the new so sometimes useful things are forgotten.
Post a Comment
<< Home