Helping others
They Might Not Need Me
They might not need me; but they might.
I'll let my head be just in sight;
A smile as small as mine might be
Precisely their necessity.
-Emily Dickinson
It truly amazes me when someone asks why I always smile and wave at people I don't know. It makes me want to turn to them and say "Why not? Maybe if I do wave and smile at them I will know them. Then I won't be waving at someone I don't know!"
I would like to share an experience that I once had.
About two years ago, I was coming home from Bountiful. As my mutual group and I drove along the highway, I saw the car next to me. Inside of it was a girl who looked so sad........
I turned to their car and started waving at her. When she finally saw me, she smiled back and started waving. Soon enough, every one in my car and her car was waving at each other!
How can one deny that such a thing as a smile or wave can't change the whole day around for somebody? I know that I made that girl feel better, even if it was for but a moment. I'm sure others, such as yourself, have had experiences like these. PLEASE, share them with me. I would really like to know about them. I want to know how such small, ordinary people can make a difference in the society of today.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home