Labrigold

This blog is for Honors English.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Why is the world round?

There has always been those questionable people who don't know quite why things are. I happen to be one of them.
The question I am compemplating at the moment is....
WHY IS THE WORLD ROUND?
You may be sitting in your chair laughing at me this very moment. But, take a moment to think. You know perfectly well that you don't know why the world is round.
Please, for a few moments, won't you discuss this matter of buisness with me? I would love it if you would reply why you think the world is round.
Since this is my blog, I must take the obligation of being first to raise my attention to this very puzzling question.

I think the world is round because there were to many people that were trying to fall off the edge of the earth. Because so many people tried to do this, Columbus decided to take the matter into his own hands. As Columbus came across the ocean, he pulled the sea and bits of land along with him. Finally, when he made it around to the other side of the world, he began sewing up the edges of the earth until he got from the North Pole to the South Pole.
Now, you are probably thinking that sewing up the earth would take quite a while. Obviously it didn't really take that long to get around the earth, it is just that Columbus took a long time to sew the earth so, he didn't get back for a long time.
The reason you have never heard this before is because, Columbus didn't want to be burned at the stake and he thought that this just might be the kind of thing people would connect to witchcraft.
With the truth finally revealed, you may now sleep knowing that you know why the world is round.
If you think my information is incorrect, please reply about why YOU think the world is round.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

ALYCE! THAT WAS GOOD!! I laughed a lot. But that is not the true story. It's because I'm so beautiful that I called my lawyer and told him to make it round (inside joke).

-Laura

2:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I wish I was that talented!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home