Labrigold

This blog is for Honors English.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dreams

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty or their dreams."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

For my blog today, I wanted to write a little about achieving goals and dreams. I am naturally a goal setting person. I set a goal for something and set out to do it. If I don't, I can get discouraged very fast. I realize that this is probably not the best thing. Just think, if Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, or any other men (or women) that worked so hard to make things work, had given up, there would be some much more to discover. We wouldn't have t.v., cars, or electricity.

When Thomas Edison was trying to make the incondesant light bulb but couldn't get it right, he said this. "I didn't fail, I just found 2,000 ways how NOT to make a lightbulb." But, finally he did find out that one solution of how to make the light bulb work.

If everybody took as much effort and time to accomplish their dreams and goals, I believe that our technology would be even more advanced.

People should take the time to achieve what they want to. For instance, I have made it a goal to pass Honors English. Not only to pass, but to get an A. I plan to work as hard as I can until I get the results I want.

Dreams are such an important port of our lives and futures. What we dream and try to achieve, is what our future will turn out to be. If I want to be a doctor when I grow up, I can be. I just have to work at it until I finally get it done.

You don't have to be a genius to achieve what you want. As long as you work hard, your best, you will be able to accomplish that thing which you desire. I mean, Einstein didn't even graduate from high school.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

That made me cry.

2:27 PM  
Blogger MRT said...

I like the way you started with a quote and then developed the idea it presented. Nicely done!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

This made me want to cry!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

This made me want to cry!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Sunshine2000 said...

I want to so many things too. Like a pro. Floutest, and a horse owner. As far as I know I am aleady starting my journy on both of them.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home