9/11
I was very suprised that the school did not have us do anything in remembrance of 9/11. The only thing that even hinted that something very huge had happened that day was in my math class. My math teacher had the class listen to "I am glad to be an American".
I wonder if other schools in the country do anything in remeberance. I would have thought we would have a moment of silence or something. But, we didn't.
-Why I am glad to be an American-
So many countries are not free. They have no choice of what they want to do in life, they can't share their opinions on political issues, they may not even be able to wear what they want.
America. To me this means freedom, choice, happiness. Just think, in America you have so many choices you can make for yourself. You can choose what job you want. It doesn't matter if you are a girl or a boy, you can be what ever you want to be. Everyone has a choice of what they worship. Or if they even want to worship.
Every morning I can get up and go to school. In other countries, that might not have been possible. America has had blessings poured about on all sides.
In America, we can elect our president. All have the right to vote and the freedom of speech. I am very blessed to live in such a country where I have so many freedoms and choices. I can make the choices that I think I should. I can make a difference in my life and in others.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home